Late post again because I’m horribly unreliable. Actually I was sick all week so cut me a little slack on this one. Unless you’re mad I kept these from you for this long. Orange Pomegranate Muffins.
These things are excellent. I made them during my muffin baking craze and they came together so quickly and are so delicious. There’s lovely hints of citrus. Delicious bursts of pomegranate. And it’s all contained in a delicious, moist, not too sweat muffin. And who doesn’t love muffins? These are a perfect easy breakfast or snack or brunch treat.
They’re crumble is delicious and the snap of the seeds adds such a great texture.
For those who are scared of pomegranates here’s how you seed them. Cut them in half:
Put them in a bowl of cold water:
Then, with them submerged crack open the fruit and break off the seeds with your fingers. The seed will sink and any skin will float. So you can skim the skin off the top and then strain out the seeds.
Then you add them to the muffins and boom, delicious, delectable treats!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350F and grease or line a muffin tin
- Combine the sugar, salt and baking powder. Then mix in the softened butter. Add the eggs one at a time and then add the zest, juice, vanilla and milk.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined then fold in the pomegranate seeds.
- Fill your muffin tins 3/4 of the way full and bake for 16-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean